How Long Does A Sore Throat Last
Sore throat means one kind of throat infection. It usually takes place in the back part of the throat. When you will have a sore throat, your throat will feel pain, rough. Nothing can be more disgusting than a sore throat. Sore throat may occur for many reasons. Generally it occurs from having cold, cough etc. everybody wonders how long does a sore throat last. Well, it is hard to tell the exact duration because the duration of a sore throat mainly depends on how it was caused in the first place. Though generally all normal sore throats last 7 to 10 days. If your sore throat lasts more than 10 days then you are advised to consult a doctor as it may be a symptom of throat cancer. This article will help you to know how long does a strep throat last. The length of a sore throat varies on the below mentioned points:
- Sore throats that are caused by a virus:
Sore throats that are caused by viruses are known as viral sore throat. They produce strep throat symptoms which resemble the flu and last for a few days. Viral sore throats clear up when flu vanishes.
- Viral sore throats may last 7-10 days.
- They race their complete course.
- Viral sore throats have no cure.
- If you are affected by viral sore throats, you don’t need to take any antibiotic.
- Sore throats that are formed by bacteria:
Bacterial sore throat is also known as strep throat. Mainly streptococcal bacteria cause it. Its symptoms are pain while eating, headache, fever, abdominal pain, weight loss, losing appetite, vomiting often etc. people think how long does a sore throat last which is affected by bacteria.
- Bacterial sore throats may last 7-10 days.
- They are very contagious. So, the affected person should avoid mixing with others.
- Strep sore throats may be checked by a speedy strep test.
- Bacterial sore throats are more severe than viral sore throats.
- Strep throats need immediate treatment.
- Sore throats that are caused from smoking:
Smoking is another reason for having sore throat. A smoker gets a sore throat easily. Smoking is very harmful for everybody. It also causes a cough.There are various methods for how to stop coughing.Cigarette includes a large number of chemicals which is the reason behind sore throat.
- It may last between 4 to 5 days long.
- Chemicals inside the cigarette cause inflammation in the respiratory.
- Smokers also have inflammation of the larynx.
- For smoking vocal cords become damaged which results in a hoarse voice.
- Sore throats that are caused by cold:
Generally 90% of the sore throats are caused by cold. Luckily cold sore throats are not very serious and they don’t take acute form. You’ll just feel a little bit of pain in your throat. People often think how long does a strep throat last that are caused by cold.
- Cold sore throats generally last two to three days.
- Its main symptoms are runny nose, cough, sneezing, fever etc.
- Sore throats that are caused by cough:
The cough is another reason for having sore throat. Cough blocks your throat. As a result, sore throat takes place. But fortunately sore throats that are originated from cough don’t last long.
- Cough sore throats may last three to four days.
- Cough whenever you feel to cough.
- Cough causes sore throat by blocking the path in your throat.
- You do not need to take any medicines for cough sore throat.
- You may take some painkillers to relieve pain.
- Sore throats that have an infection:
Some sore throats may cause infection. In that case, sore throats take acute form and gives severe pain. Infection mainly occurs by virus and bacteria. Some people ponder how long does a sore throat last which have an infection.
- These sore throats last long. Generally 7-10 days.
- They are very contagious.
- Need to take immediate step to stop them.
- You may take antibiotics which are prescribed by a specialized doctor.
- Sore throats that have no infection:
Non infection sore throats are not dangerous. They may occur from cold. Generally they go on their own.
- Non infection sore throats last 3-4 days.
- They are not contagious.
- No medicine is needed to be taken.
- Sore throats that are caused by injuries:
Sore throats may also occur from injuries and pains. It occurs from lower humidity, polluted air, smoking, screaming etc. They can take acute form and last longer. A stuffy nose also causes sore throat.There are certain methods for how to cure a sore throat.
- These kinds of sore throats generally last further than a week.
- You should go to the doctor if it lasts for more than 10 days.
- If they take acute form, you should take medicine prescribed by authorized physician.
- Don’t take antibiotics without the suggestion of doctors.
- Sore throats that are caused by allergies:
Allergy is another reason for having sore throat. Allergy may occur from dust, pollen, molds etc. which results in a sore throat. They are not very acute. When you are affected by allergy, do not suck in air through the mouth as it causes sore throat.
- Allergy sore throats generally take five to six days to get away.
- Do not need to take any kind of antibiotic.
- The allergy may become dangerous by postnasal seep, which ablaze the throat.
- Sore throats which are caused from dryness:
A dry atmosphere, lower humidity etc.causes sore throat.These kinds of sore throats mainly occur for dryness in your body.Lack of fluids in your body is the main reason of it. Especially in winter season,dry weather makes your throat become jagged.
- If you take proper steps. These kinds of sore throats will go quickly within a few days.
- Do not go to doctors. Just take proper home remedies and drink a lot of water and warm liquids. That will be enough to treat it.
This article will be the answer of peoples’ question how long does a strep throat last. So, from now on, if you feel sore throat, first diagnose the cause of your throat becoming sore and then take the necessary steps.